This week I figured that it is only appropriate that I post my five favorite Christmas presents to continue the holiday spirit for as long as possible! It always seems like the holidays go by so fast but I had a wonderful time with my family so I can’t complain!
Plus, I got some awesome presents!
So here are my Five Friday Favorites: Christmas Present edition!
1. Steve Madden Combat Boots!
I have been wanting these boots forever but I could not seem to find them in my size. But miraculously, my brother’s girlfriend found them for me! I cannot wait to wear them! They even have an awesome accent blue zipper and tribal patterned lining for when I want to fold them down for another look. I’m obsessed.
2. A new briefcase
This gift was totally necessary…no more cramming my files for court in my giant purse. I am officially a grown-up. Thanks, Mom & Dad :)
3. Nike Long-sleeved Running Shirt
This gift was from BLC and I love everything about it! The color, the design and the fit are all perfect. Plus, it had thumb holes! Yes, I am in love with thumb holes on clothing just like every other fitness/running/crossfit blogger. It’s an epidemic.
4. New York City for Vegetarians Guide Book
This book was a complete surprise from my Mom – but I love it! While it is pretty easy to find vegetarian options at most restaurants in NYC, this book is filled with all the best options all around the city. I can’t wait to try some of them out! & I will try to review them on my Restaurant Review page (which I have been pretty terrible at for the past few months…sowwy).
5. Beautiful earrings
I am not a big jewelry wearer. I wear my wedding ring and I used to wear silver studs in my ears until I lost one of them. That is it. But BLC is the absolute best when it comes to picking out jewelry for me because it is always exactly what I would have picked out myself! (BTW, he picked out my engagement ring all on his own & I wouldn’t change a thing) BLC gave me these diamond studs on Christmas Eve while we were outside with snow falling around us. He is such a romantic…sometimes
& they are screw on so I don’t have to worry about losing them! Because that would be bad.
6. Kira Calendar!
Yes, I know I said FIVE friday favorites but I just had to include this present. It is a calendar full of pictures of my niece, Kira (AKA the most beautiful baby in all of the world). I know that whenever I am in a bad mood, I can just look at this calendar and it will be able to put a smile on my face. I just love that little girl!
Five Favorite Blog Posts:
1. 2012 in Running at Losing Weight in the City. I know this survey is going around the blogosphere but I saw it for the first time over at Theodora’s blog. I will most definitely be posting my 2012 in Running survey soon. Such a cute idea.
2. Free Kindle books at the Library at Katy Widrick. Did you know that you could get free Kindle books at the library? I did not – but how great is that??
3. Cookie Dough Nut Butter at Oh She Glows. How delicious does that sound?
4. Vegan Tamales at VeganAmore. Can’t wait to try and make them!
5. Healthified Spin Art Dip at Peas and Crayons. I just found this website (I obviously live under a rock) and all of her recipes look absolutely amazing. This one especially!!
Five Lovely Links:
1. Three quick recipes for lentils. Lentils are inexpensive and have a ton of health benefits! Looking forward to trying some of these recipes.
2. 20 Books to read before they hit the big screen. There are a few on this list that I will definitely be reading. Especially the Wolf of Wall Street because Leonardo Dicaprio will be starring in the movie & I love him.
3. Why Champagne may be a healthier choice. Like a need a reason to drink my champs?
4. Health Trends 2012 – What we don’t want to see in 2013. This article was pretty interesting. I don’t know if I agree with all of their choices but still, food for thought.
5. Best Fitness Gear of 2012. I want it all! Cheribundi made it on there (Love their tart cherry juice! Tip: Put it in the freezer for about 1 hr 40 minutes for a cherry slushy) & Zico Chocolate Coconut Water – another one of my favorites.
What was your favorite Christmas gift? I got a gift card from my MIL and need some ideas on what to spend it on
Have a great Friday all!