I was very excited to see that I was nominated by Zero to Twenty Six Point Two and Burning Babi Fat for the Liebster Award!
Thanks, loves! I really appreciate it!
So now you all get to hear eleven random facts about moi AND 22 answers to 22 questions!
Some random facts:
1. I have a large tattoo on the small of my back (technically, a tramp stamp. yup. I am a classy broad). I got it when I had just turned 18 and hid it from my parents for a year. Luckily, BLC doesn’t mind it and I can’t see it. I basically forget about it at all times. BLC actually had to remind me I had one for this random fact. It is a lotus flower. Sorry no pic
2. I hate bikes and umbrellas (more like afraid of them). I am so afraid when I am on a bike that I am going to crash (which was not that unfounded since I crashed twice during my triathlon.) or someone is going to crash into me. Also, when I’m just walking I’m so afraid of a biker running into me (it would most likely be my fault, of course) and/or someone poking me in the eye with an umbrella. Totally rational fears, right? Good thing I moved to NYC.
3. I have severe road rage. I don’t know what comes over me but when I am in the car, I become the devil. It’s not cute.
4. I have super curly hair but I get it straightened every 3 months or so. Always want what ya can’t have.
5. I have ridden on a camel in Egypt. Yup.
6. I love Bloody Mary’s in the morning and tequila in the evening. I would much rather a spicy drink over a sweet drink. & if we are day drinking, I will have a Bloody Mary in my hand. Done.
7. I have read Fifty Shades of Gray. It was okay. Entertaining but nothing crazy good. I have been trying to finished Fifty Shades Darker since our trip to Aruba…so over a month. Just not interested anymore. That makes me the 1% of people who didn’t love it. Guess I’m just a weirdo.
8. I carry around toothpicks because my teeth attract food particles. I honestly can get a piece of food stuck in my teeth after drinking juice. I don’t know where the food comes from but it gets stuck in my teeth no matter what. Toothpicks are my savior of life.
9. I despise squirrels. Yes, to you they may be cute and cuddly looking but to me they are walking rabies carriers. Plus, when I was in college we lived in a run down house with squirrels living in the walls. We could hear them running in the ceiling and walls constantly. There was even an instance where one fell through the ceiling into my bathroom, ran around in there all night knocking over shampoo bottles and pooping in the shower. Then my roommate let it out into the living room…and we never saw that squirrel again. Shudder.
& as my girl Carrie Bradshaw has said, “They are just rats with cuter outfits.”
10. I was in a sorority in college and I loved every second of it. I am actually heading to the beach this weekend with about 16 of them. I’m super excited!
11. I am a diehard Penn State Nittany Lions and Philadelphia Eagles fan! I absolutely love football and AM SO EXCITED FOR THE SEASON TO START! I could talk your ear off about football…so I’ll just leave it at that
So now that you know SO much more about me – how about some questions?!
Burning Babi Fat’s Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I had been reading healthy living and running blogs for years & loved the community of women involved. When I started training for my first half marathon, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to start documenting my training!
2. What is your proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement is graduating from law school and passing both the California and New York bar exam on the first try. Running wise my proudest achievement was finishing my first half marathon in 2:09:19!
3. What is your favorite animal?
My favorite animal is probably a dog just because every time I see a dog I have to smile. Such wonderful animals (most of them, of course).
4. Do you have any special talents?
Hmm…not that I can think of. Perhaps my vast knowledge of all things football can be considered a special talent? Also, I can do a mean cartwheel.
5. What is one meal that you can have every day and never get bored!
Eggs and hashbrowns!
6. What is your favorite guilty please, cheat meal?
Mac and Cheese, for sure.
7. Where is your favorite place to travel to?
Probably Lake Havasu because BLC loves it so much. Plus, going out on the boat with friends and beers is a wonderful way to spend the day.
8. What is your favorite season of the year?
Spring! I love the transition from winter to summer – the flowers are blooming, the weather is not too hot and not too cold & every one is just in much better moods! Plus, my birthday and our wedding anniversary is in April
9. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Love Vince Vaughn and Natalie Portman. Also, I’m a big fan of Blake Lively.
10. Who do you follow on twitter that you are the most embarrassed about?
Probably all of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Yep, I follow all of them. BTW, follow me on Twitter
! I retweet awesome tweets from informative people like Teresa Giudice and Daniel Tosh!
11. What is your favorite color to wear when you workout?
PINK! I mean, check out my blog tagline. Plus, I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador for a reason!
1. What is your favorite race/activity you have participated in?
My favorite race was my first half marathon – the NYC Half Marathon in March 2012. It was my first…swoon.
2. Do you train with a group or solo?
Normally either by myself or with BLC.
3. What part of the country do you live in?
4. What is you favorite machine in the gym?
Stairclimber! I always get a great workout on it.
5. What healthy dish do you like to make?
Eggs & soy chorizo or any type of soup.
6.What is your favorite easy snack food?
7. What brand of athletic shoes do you prefer?
8. Who is your favorite athlete?
Probably Desi Davila – I read an article about her in Runner’s World and I have just loved her ever since. She is pretty amazing. & I almost met her at the Mini 10k in June…but I was too much of a wuss.
9. What sport do you wish you could compete in the Olympics?
Track or gymnastics – they are my favs! Plus, it would be pretty cool to bust out a backhand spring twisty thing at a party or something.
10. Red, white, or blue?
Red for lips; white for clothes; blue for eyes
11. Favorite travel spot?
Repeat! Lake Havasu. See above!
So that’s that! Thanks for the nomination, girls!
And now for all of you – I made you read through all of my questions so I have one for you!
What is your favorite movie of all time???
Mine is a tie between Love and Basketball and Anchorman. Love them both and could recite every word of them.