Looks like I made it back just in time for my birthday! I know it has been some time since my last blog post – I’ve been busy – but I have been meaning to write this post for a long time.
If you didn’t already know, I am turning 29 today, and that obviously means that I have one year before the big 3-0. Kinda crazy.
Truth be told, I have done a lot of amazing things in the past 29 years. I’ve traveled all over the world. I married the best man I’ve ever met. I’ve lived by the beach. I’ve lived in the city. I’ve lived in the suburbs. I’ve been to Vegas (numerous times). I had a fabulous college experience. I’ve watched the Macy’s Day Parade live. I’ve become a dog owner. I’ve run quite a few half marathons and other road races. I’ve been a bridesmaid (& will be in two more by the end of the year). I’ve road tripped across the country with my husband . I’ve watched the sunset from Oia, Santorini, Greece. The list could go on.
I have been very lucky and extremely blessed.
But there are quite a few things I would still like to accomplish prior to April 1, 2015. Some of them are silly. Some of them are serious. But I truly think they can all be done, and completing them all would be a wonderful way to end my twenties.
So without further ado, my 30 before 30 list!
1. Sign Freckles up for agility training or therapy dog training.
2. Drink around the world at Epcot with BLC.
3. Learn how to and properly eat a crawfish.
4. Go skydiving.
5. Run a marathon.
6. Eat the worm in a bottle of Mezcal.
7. Leave an absurdly large tip for an excellent waitress.
8. Conquer a 30 day yoga challenge.
9. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
10. Finish the first and second Spanish Rosetta Stone levels.
11. Pay for someone else’s meal.
12. Keep better track of my last year in my twenties (pictures, journal, etc.).
13. Learn to drive a manual car.
14. Host an entirely vegan 3 course dinner party.
15. Send thirty handwritten notes to thirty friends/family.
16. Identify and work toward a career that is fulfilling.
17. Learn to meditate.
18. Donate blood.
19. Read my dad’s favorite book: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
20. Master a handstand.
21. Cut out alcohol for thirty days.
22. Run a sub 2 hour half marathon.
23. Save enough for a down payment on a home.
24. Take a dance class with BLC.
25. Take a scotch/whiskey tasting class.
26. Go on a serious camping trip.
27. Try to blog more.
28. Run a trail race.
29. Make homemade pickles.
30. Host Beer Olympics and pretend we are in college again.
*& as a bonus (& considering it is already in the planning stages):
31. Celebrate my 30th birthday in Vegas with friends and family!
Do you have a bucket list? Also, happy April Fool’s Day!