I know I promised you a new spaghetti squash recipe & since it is What I Ate Wednesday…here it is!
1 spaghetti squash, cooked and prepared (Check out my post for 3 ways to cook spaghetti squash)
1 cup chopped broccoli
Vegan cheese sauce (adapted from Oh She Glows recipe)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Cheese sauce ingredients:
1 tbsp coconut oil
3/4 cup unsweetened Almond milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp garlic powder
8 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Sriracha
1 cup canned pumpkin
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Add coconut oil to a sauce pan. Do not start to heat the oil but you can preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, cornstarch and garlic powder. Add the mixture to the sauce pan with the coconut oil and stir.
3. Add mustard, Sriracha and salt/pepper and heat over low heat.
4. Stir in nutritional yeast and whisk until the sauce has thickened (it should only take a minute or so).
5. Finally, add the pumpkin and stir until combined.
6. Mix cheese sauce in a large bowl with the cooked spaghetti squash and the chopped broccoli.
7. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish (I used a 9 inch round nonstick casserole dish).
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and put in the oven for approximately 35 minutes or until the outside edges begin to bubble.
I have been eating a lot of squash for the past few weeks – I am in full fall mode!
My breakfasts have consisted of oatmeal topped with homemade applesauce.
Very fall, indeed.
Make sure to check out Peas And Crayons WIAW link-up
& let me know if you have any great fall squash recipes I should try!