The Sunshine Award
Danielle from It’s a Harleyyy Life nominated me on Thursday for the Sunshine Award. Thanks, Danielle! I will always think it is crazy that people actually know my little old blog exists…
Danielle blogs over at It’s a Harleyyy Life and has two adorable pups. As a dog lover myself, put a couple of cute dog pics on your blog…& you’ll have a reader for life.
So Here are the rules:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
1. When is your favorite time of day to work out?
Hm. This is a difficult one. Ideally, I would rather workout in the morning so that I get it over with. I always feel much better when I work out in the morning. But it rarely happens because I have an obsession with the snooze button on my alarm. It is a problem I really need to address.
2. What is something you never thought you’d be able to do, but you’ve accomplished in spite of the obstacles?
Probably graduate law school and take two bar exams, two summers in a row and pass them both on the first try. I was pretty proud of myself but I have never, ever, ever put so much time and effort into anything in my entire life. (Fun fact: the pass rate in California for the year I took the exam was approximately 46%)
3. Do you have a go-to splurge item (specific food, clothing store, electronics, anything)? What is it and when do you have it?
7-11 coffee every morning. It is not expensive but it adds up. I just can’t quit it. Probably a large reason is because the coffee in my office tastes like cardboard.
4. How do you make time for yourself?
I haven’t been very good at this recently but I used to try to wake up a little early each morning so that I could read with my coffee or watch some mindless reality television before it was time to head into work. Now I wake up with just enough time to brush my teeth and run out the door. I need to get back into that habit.
5. Where would you live if money were no object?
Costa Rica. Hands down. Would move there tomorrow. Santorini would be a close second (if money were no object, of course).
6. Who is your go-to person for advice when you’re trying to make a tough decision?
BLC. He is my go-to for everything.
7. What is the strangest food or fitness trend you’ve tried?
I did the Master Cleanse (that ridiculous lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup “cleanse”) for 3 days during law school because one of my girlfriends suggested it. That was silly. Surprisingly though, you can get used to cayenne pepper in your water. The first day I thought I was going to gag.
8. What are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
That’s a surprise (& no, I am not, nor am I planning on, getting pregnant).
9. What is your favorite childhood memory or family tradition?
My father’s side of the family always gets together on Christmas Eve for the seven fishes and White Elephant (or Yankee Swap/Bad Santa). We have been doing it since I was little and I will always love keeping the tradition going.
10. Do you follow a strict food and fitness plan or wing it?
Right now – not really following anything. But I do work better with a plan. I’ll get on that.
10 Bloggers that I am Nominating
(wanted to show the love to some of my new favorites as well as some blogs I have been reading for years – Definitely check them out if you are looking for some more reading material)
My Ten Questions (Be prepared for some very thought provoking questions)
1. Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?
2. California or New York?
3. Dogs or Cats?
4. Leonardo DiCaprio or Matt Damon?
5. So You Think You Can Dance or American Idol?
6. Pumpkin or Watermelon?
7. Zoo or Aquarium?
8. Ketchup or Mustard?
9. Shower in the Morning or Showing in the Evening?
10. Who would you have picked to be cast in the Fifty Shades of Grey Movie?
& In case you were wondering:
Peyton Manning; Could never choose; DOGS; Leo is my man; SYTYCD; Love both but gotta go with pumpkin; Zoo; Ketchup; Evening; and I think Charlie Hunnam is sexy as hell.