In honor of Fall, the Libby’s Pumpkin has come out of hibernation. It is a wonderful day!
I figured I would incorporate two of my favorite things about Fall – soup & pumpkin. & I gotta say, it turned out pretty excellent! Hope you enjoy!
Spicy Pumpkin Vegetable Soup (Vegan)
Makes about 8 servings
2 TB olive oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
5 stalks of celery, diced
2 medium carrots, grated
3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
2 cans white kidney beans
1 can pureed pumpkin
3 cups vegetable broth
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1/2 can corn
1 heaping cup of mushrooms, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 cup kale, chopped
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp Sriracha (I used 1 TB but I like it extra spicy)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1/4 cup quinoa
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Greek yogurt (optional)
1. In small bowl, lightly mash beans and set aside.
2. In a soup pot, saute oil, onions, carrots, celery and garlic until onions are lightly browned.
3. Add broth, pumpkin, tomatoes, corn, mushrooms and kale.
4. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Add spinach and beans.
6. Reduce heat and stir in milk, Sriracha, seasonings and quinoa.
7. Simmer until spinach wilts and quinoa thickens.
8. Serve and top with parmesan cheese or greek yogurt.
If you love pumpkin as much as I do, make sure you check out Jamie‘s post – she is linking to a ton of pumpkin recipes! I know I will be heading over there