Well, hello again. Since this is supposed to be a running blog (I have been SLACK-ING on the running front), this is a post about running!
Now, I know I have told you that I will be running the RTB:NJ relay on October 12-13 but it has just been decided that BLC will be running with me, as well!! Woooo hoooo!
So now we will be training together for the next 9 weeks (eek!).
We just got our legs (BLC will be running 16.1 total miles & I will be running 18.23 total miles) so I figured it is about time to start really thinking about our training plan & training schedule. I have yet to create our official training schedule but I do have a nifty training plan to lay out for you fine folks.
Here ya go! (super exciting, I know)
TRAINING PLAN FOR RTB:NJ
- Build base for first 4 weeks (slowly increase mileage each week, running about 3-4 times per week)
- Learn what pace we can comfortably run the total miles so that we can pace ourselves on our first 2 legs. Don’t wanna have dead legs for our last leg!
- Have one tempo paced run per week; one long, slow endurance run; and 2 easy runs per week.
- Add Hill Sprints or Strides at the end of easy runs toward week 3 (I’ve got a few hills in my first leg & BLC has some hills on his second leg)
- Practice fueling & re-fueling to really figure out what works best for us.
- At week 5, add a two a day on Wednesday (with at least 8 hours between runs to stimulate relay conditions) so that it doesn’t interfere with our long run.
So that’s the plan! I will definitely post our training schedule once I have completed it.
Anyone ever run a relay & have some training tips for us?!